Here at Brush-Baby we are passionate about your kid’s dental care. We have all the advice and tips you need broken down into three steps - Babies, Toddlers and Kids - with products to help along the way.
Why is oral care so important?
- Babies, toddlers and young children are just as prone to gum disease and tooth decay as we are, but it is easy to prevent with the right steps.
- Tooth decay in a young child causes pain and distress for everyone - the removal of a baby tooth can mean admission to hospital and a general anaesthetic. We are here to help you avoid this.
- Clean your baby's gums from the day they are born. Use a clean cloth and cooled boiled water or DentalWipes to gently wipe your baby’s gums.
- Keeping teething gums clean will help your baby avoid gum inflammation and pain.
- When teething starts, use a teether to soothe teething discomfort.
- Brush teeth twice a day, from the first tooth.
Click here for more information about this stage.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes, with an age-appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste. Try to use one that contains xylitol AND fluoride.
- Replace your toddler’s toothbrush as soon as the bristles begin to splay, or at least every 2 - 3 months.
- Visit the dentist by the time they are a year old and as often as your dentist recommends afterwards.
- Introduce flossing once two teeth touch.
Click for more information about this stage.
- Brush and floss twice a day, with an age-appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste - your little one will need your help until they are 6 years old. Try to use a xylitol AND fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace toothbrushes as soon as the bristles begin to splay.
- Encourage a low-sugar diet (including drinks and snacks!).
- Visit the dentist regularly.
Get the advice you need, direct to your inbox!
Sign up for our SmileStones programme and get monthly emails with advice and top tips, tailored to your child’s age and stage. You'll also get exclusive access to competitions, special offers and more! Whether it’s teething woes or brushing battles, we can help.